Zigbee products offer a wide range of possibilities with future-proof compatibility. Using the Zigbee wireless standard, you can control your Paulmann lighting via a Zigbee 3.0 gateway either by app, voice control or optionally available remote controls and switches. Various functions are available depending on the product: simple switching on and off, dimming, selection from 16 million colours or white tone selection (Tunable White).
- Paulmann offers a diverse range of smart Zigbee 3.0 luminaires, lamps and accessories
- Direct lighting control without a gateway, using the Paulmann Gent remote control or the Paulmann Indoor wall switch via Touchlink, for example
- Simple integration into Paulmann’s smik gateway lighting system
- Can also be used with Zigbee control systems such as Amazon Echo and Philips Hue Bridge 2 (excl. Hue Entertainment)
- Controllable by voice, for example with Amazon’s Alexa or Google Assistant* Full light control even when on the move via cloud connection*
- Home and garden coverage thanks to mesh network
- Setup of large lighting systems possible*
* * Subject to the gateway used
What is Zigbee?
Zigbee is a radio standard widely used in Europe for smart homes and home automation. The aim of the standard is to unite as many household appliances as possible in one manufacturer-spanning network through which data can be exchanged and controlled. Zigbee is also very energy-saving. Zigbee connects a wide variety of devices with one another. The standard uses sophisticated mesh networking – devices pass on commands to other devices, meaning there is no need for each device to be directly connected to the Zigbee gateway. This allows you to control the lighting in your home and garden.
Integrating Paulmann Zigbee luminaires into other systems
Paulmann Zigbee luminaires, lamps and controllers can be paired with Zigbee 3.0 gateways from other manufacturers, such as an Amazon Echo or a Philips Hue Bridge. Depending on the Zigbee gateway used, Paulmann products can then be controlled via app and voice command using Amazon’s Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple’s Siri. Furthermore, Zigbee remote controls from other manufacturers can generally be used to control Paulmann Zigbee products.
Smart control of existing luminaires
You can integrate existing luminaires into a Zigbee system using an adapter plug.
You can also control existing luminaires smartly using smart lamps.
Tip: the Paulmann Zigbee controllers allow existing YourLED or MaxLED strips or even recessed luminaires to be included in the control system.
More information and tips can be found in our advice section.